Schuchmann Structural Associates, a full-service structural engineering firm, is currently searching for a high quality, motivated structural detailer to join our team. As a structural detailer at the firm, you will work alongside engineers and staff in our office in the development of construction documents for our projects. Types of projects include public and private schools, large and small retail buildings, low rise multi-story offices buildings, as well as large manufacturing, distribution, and industrial facilities.
In a collaborative effort, you will work closely with other members of the design and detailing team to prepare high quality structural construction documents. In many cases, these documents will include tilt-up and precast concrete panel layout drawings, rebar placing drawings, and lifting and bracing drawings.
Since many of our projects are design-build, you may work directly with the contractor/client in coordinating project requirements and therefore should have some experience with this type of project delivery method. The ideal structural detailer will be passionate about their career and willing to invest the time and energy to develop highly detailed construction documents required by our clients for their projects.
Desired Skills & Experience
Successful candidate may be required to be involved with several projects at one time, paying particular attention to time management, budget, and project scheduling requirements. The ideal candidate will have 5 to 10 years of structural detailing experience in a design/consulting or fabrication office and will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Work closely with design team to ensure drawings are accurate and completed on time.
- The ability to read and interpret construction documents prepared by other firms to develop field use
tilt-up panel layout, rebar, and lifting/bracing drawings.
- Coordinate structural project work with geotechnical, architectural, mechanical, and other engineering
- As our office continues its transition to Revit, the structural detailer will be a key resource in providing guidance on best implementation practices. Strong Revit skills and experience is a must.
If you are a qualified and motivated professional who wants to join our team, please send a cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to Careers@SSA-Engineers.com.
- AA/AS degree and/or technical certifications in structural detailing.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD 2021.
- Extensive experience with both implementation of and detailing with Revit 2021.
- Excellent leadership skills, computer skills, and written and verbal communication skills. Must be willing to keep an open dialogue with the design team to properly develop and coordinate the construction documents.
- Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.