EMBRY-RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
Provide structural engineering services for a new 57,500 square-foot, two- story classroom and administration building at Embry-Riddle’s Daytona Beach location.Completed in Summer 2007
This project included the use of interior structural steel framing along with load bearing exterior masonry walls to support the second floor and roof framing systems. The exterior utilized a combination of brick and Alucobond cladding to match the architectural theme throughout the campus.
This building utilized a cantilevered structural steel second floor framing system to allow the second floor to flare out over the first to achieve the desired architectural appearance. In addition, the building includes a two- story open atrium at the main entry with a cantilevered second floor balcony to allow for a voluminous area for various university functions.
- Structural Engineer of RecordStructural Steel Roof Framing
- Composite Steel Floor System
- Interior Structural Steel Columns
- Light Gauge and Steel Wall Framing at the Second Floor
- Load Bearing Exterior Masonry Walls
- Shallow Foundation System